Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What I do away from the computer

So... once again, I haven't updated in a while. Because frankly, I'm really that lazy. I'll start a post and then I just don't have the will to finish it. Having me focus on one post for any particular time is difficult. It goes with many things that I do. But to update you on what I've done since my last post:

Had graduation party. It was nice but spent most of my time with my friends instead of my family. Also reaped in the benefits of having a graduation party.

Went to another job fair. Was "blessed" at this one and did not burn up into flames. Fair warning to those going to fairs at churches.

Had a phone interview and an in-person interview for an internship [local online magazine]. While I've got the internship, it is currently unpaid. Kind of a bummer because that means I will have to stick with my part-time job unless I find a better part-time job. The internship is actually nice because I get to play around with hootsuite and make actual updates to the facebook and twitter pages. But as of right now, it won't really go beyond that.

Went to Universal/The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Disney World. That was an awesome trip and it helps to know a Disney cast member. Makes everything just a little bit cheaper.

Also, in relation to the internship, read an interesting article about something called the gap year. Even though I have no intention of doing one, I'm thinking I'll look into it just for fun.

Also, I'm going to change the name of the blog. I think it will be more general with just a bit of a focus on simply the work aspect of getting out of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment