Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Julep Mini-Additions

I'm going to work on using some word other than haul... Cause I feel like it really isn't an appropriate word for when I get stuff... It's just so kind of weird...


Anyway... As I mentioned in a previous post, I got $15 credit for a friend join the Julep Maven program through my code. And I finally got around to using my code and in a thrifty way.

I love watching beauty youtube videos and I found this one youtuber, GlamTrotter [aka Amber] who had a code for $15 off $30 code**. Now I just needed to get my total to $30 and I'd be good to go.

I ended up with 2 products from Julep.

Sienna
... LOVE IT! I had heard some great things about this particular color from a few different bloggers and youtubers. At first, I was kind of nervous about getting this color. I mean, gold? It's not really me most of the time and I don't want to look cheap. But then I saw it on Nail Files tumblr and thought it was amazing! So I just went for it and I'm way happy I did. I'm currently wearing Sienna on my index fingers and Trina on all the others. I've also tried Olivia on all my fingers with Sienna on top of my middle fingers, which looked amazing. I'll definitely be trying that one again because it's perfect for fall.

Julep Nail Therapy
I'm always looking for ways to make my nails stronger. Mine are kind of pathetic and basically are blah whenever I'm not wearing a nail polish. I haven't gotten to try it yet but will probably use it the next time I change my nail polish. Hopefully it will help with the chipping and overall blah-ness of my nails sans polish.

And that's kind of it. Dunno if I'm going to get next month's box because I'm kind of tight on month for the holidays plus student loans are showing their ugly heads... Yeah. Definitely not excited about that... But I'm so glad the program lets you put it on hold if you want! Kind of a super bonus in my book.


** The code was MARYROSE. I don't know when the code is going to end or anything. I found it in the description bar of Amber's Youtube videos for Julep.

No comments:

Post a Comment