Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Julep Maven November 2011

I love that I get my Julep Maven Sneak Peak box so soon. It's amazing because it comes all the way from across the country by USPS and I get it in like... 2-3 days. Where as my Amazon 2 day free shipping sometimes takes 3-4 days. Instead of getting the Boho Glam box this month, I opted for a shelf pull which gives you the option of picking any of the other themed boxes or there is a box of the month kind of deal. I chose this box of the month, which was entitled Polish Lovers or something like that. So instead of getting one polish, a lip gloss and a little make-up bag, I opted for 3 cute nail polishes instead [total value of $42].

I managed to find a picture of the nail polishes together. Picture came from the Trace Face Philes. This blog is much more nail polish-centric and I'll definitely be checking it out [and probably following] for future nail polish picks.

(From L-R) Diane, Michelle, Trina


These are holiday colors and probably won't be released for a little while. The quotes are directly from the cute little card that came with it.
Diane: Embrace the season with this rich forest green
From looking at the bottle, Diane comes off as a dark green with a hint of olive-ish hue. When you actually take the nail polish brush, it looks definitely brighter than looking through the bottle. This is the only nail polish out of the three that required 2 coats to really get the affect. On my nails, it's lovely evergreen color. It will be perfect for Christmas time, especially mixed in with a great red.

Michelle: Indulge in sophisticated midnight blue year-round
This really is a deep, dark blue. Midnight is definitely the perfect description of this color. I'm not big on using blue on my finger nails but if I was going to use one, this would be it. I'm very into deep, rich colors for the fall/winter season and this is as deep and rich as you can get with a blue without getting too black-ish.

Trina:  Make a statement with shimmery deep aubergine
There are no words to describe how much I love this color. I just recently bought Side-Saddle by China Glaze which I loved but Trina puts it to shame. It's almost a jewel-toned purple but not nearly as sparkly. It's a bit brighter than Diane and Michelle but would be the perfect holiday color that isn't specifically any holiday color [I.E. red and green, blue and gold, etc.].

I also got 3 little samples [like last month's] of hand cream, hand scrub and a hand brightener. So I'm happy I changed to the Polish Lover's Option because these are some amazing colors.

Also, for those of you still wondering, you cannot use your referral credits towards the Julep Maven program. Right now, I'm between nail polish or the hand scrub... -sigh-

Also, work on my NaNoWriMo story. Haven't gotten far yet but... Day 1. And I joined HauteLook. Right now, no intention of buying anything though [even though they have an awesome Laura Gellar sale...]

2 comments:

  1. Like the theme for my writing or what am I writing? Cause I'm going to really just kind of wing it...

    ReplyDelete