Thursday, March 8, 2012

Julep Maven - March 2012






The box when I first opened it! And so you know, I once again opted to not get my Boho Glam box and went with American Beauty this time.




                               And under the Julep card
March 2012 American Beauty










And this is when I realize I did not take a solo picture of the Julep nail file. It's a basic file that again, I probably won't use. My mom will most likely love it.

Julep Elixir Organic Argan Oil
Moroccan Argan oil is legendary for its healing, conditioning, and anti-aging properties. Use it daily to hydrate and nourish skin, smooth split ends, or soften cuticles
It's interesting that Julep decided on this as the final packaging for their Moroccan Argan oil. It's similar to when I got my sample of the Blissoma Awake Morning Facial Moisture [which I'm realizing now that I did not actually blog about it]. However, I did not realize how useful the dropper would be until after my first run with this product.

Now, my hair is a little bit on the oil side at my scalp and usually normal closer to the ends. I don't really have many if any split ends and overall, my hair itself is fairly good. However, when I tried the Amika product in one of my Birchboxes, I noticed my hair was just so soft at the ends. So I kind of figured this would do the same. Not so much. It is much oiler and if you have too much, it can definitely make your hair oily and clumpy.

I do like this products on my hands. Because of the combination of the winter months and my hands being in water at work, they have been super dry. Sadly to the point of my skin cracking at the corners of my nail beds. Needless to say, not very fun for me. So I've been trying a bunch of lotions and oils for protecting and revitalizing my hands. And this has been doing pretty well so far. And by using it on my hands, I pretty much use this on my cuticles as a default. I haven't noticed much of a difference in that particular area though.

Note: This is a full size of their oil. It's one of the things I really like about Julep. You almost never get teeny, tiny samples of stuff. Now, it should also be said that this is only 1 fluid ounce.


Kelly
A blushed white crème, the news shade in runway neutrals for spring
This color is kind of half way between crème and light pink. It is a very nice spring color without being too bright. While looking through my ever-growing collection, I've notice that a lot of my polishes are either dark colors or super bright colors. Not many of them are soft and somewhat neutral. Basically, Kelly is everything I did not have before. A very nice, basic color to have in a nail polish collection.

Emma
Soft and feminine seashell pink shimmer, so elegant alone or for extra shine over any shade
Probably the biggest reason that I selected the American Beauty box over my usual Boho Glam box. While Portia seemed like a really pretty tropical blue, sparkly polish, I really wanted something a little more subtle this time around. And Emma is definitely something I wanted. It is a shimmery, sheer pink. Looks beautiful over of Kelly. I will definitely do some experimentation with this one over other colors.

---

Some side notes!

Sister-in-law #3 just ordered the St. Patrick's Day Julep box of mystery! I hope she likes everything inside it! I know I loved mine and was so happy [even though most of the colors were more spring/summer].

Also, just working on getting my nails back into shape. They have been kinda peely and I basically had to chop them down. Although I will be putting green polish on for St. Patrick's day, I'm just going to be stick with nail therapy.

---

Currently on my nails:
Julep Nail Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment