Friday, February 24, 2012

Birchbox February 2012


I really need to stop watching the videos on the Birchbox YouTube channel. Because then I see the preview for the boxes before I get mine... And then I have a little disappointment when I see that an item I wanted isn't in my box. This month was the beauty blender. I hear lots of great things about it and have always wanted to try one to see if the hype is really just that. Alas, it was not meant to be.

But I'll get on to the things I actually got in my box for February.

Birchbox February 2012


Jouer - Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed
The votes are in, and this award-winning tinted moisturizer
tops the list. It's our daily shortcut to dewy, glowing skin. 
Yet another Jouer product from Birchbox. The previous 2 Jouer products I received were both lip products, so this is definitely a nice change. Particularly because I didn't really care for either of those lip products.

At first, I was definitely hesitant to use this product and go out in public. I got it in the shade bronze and I've very hit and miss with any sort of bronzing product. I can either look good or look orange [aka bad]. The closest product I found that doesn't make me orange is Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Moisturizer in medium to tan. And this product requires a lot more work than I care to do.

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. It is suppose to be a tinted moisturizer. However, it's a little thicker in application and comes off more as a very light coverage foundation than a moisturizer to me. I do have to be careful with this though. While it is oil free, I did find that I broke out a little after wearing this product. However, that did not deter me from buying a full-size version of this product. I liked the effect it had on my skin and the light bit of coverage it provided.


colorescience pro - glow and go travel puff in kissed by the sun
Use these handy, powder-filled puffs to keep your skin
shine-free and luminous while you're out on the town
So far... I'm not liking this product at all. I don't know if I'm just being stupid about it or what. I can't seem to figure out how the whole puff thing works. Do you take it out of the little plastic covering or are you suppose to use that little perforated section to get the bronzer out. Until I can find out how to use this right, I can't really form an opinion. The directions are vague and this would be OK on-the-go if you kept the the outside packaging. So far, I've only found it to be a bit too messy.







dermalogica - daily microfoliant
Skincare insiders swear by this genius exfoliating powder. Just
add water to create a rich paste that will buff dead cells away

I love the concept of this because it is absolutely perfect for travel. Let's put it this way, it is way easier to clean up powder than liquid/cream products. Of course, we all hope no accidents happen but it's best to be prepared.

As for how this product actually works, it was alright. It would work if I were travelling but I can't say it had any special effects. It felt nice on my skin but I did not really feel much in the way of exfoliation.




EYE ROCK - Designer Liner
Stop wrestling with liquid liner and achieve a perfect
cat eye with these single-use stick-on liner






I don't know how to feel about these. It seems to be like a temporary tattoo in the form of eyeliner. I don't know when I'll use this because each of the liners seem to be a little bit dramatic for me to wear on a regular basis. Also, they are all black, which I usually don't ever wear. I would have liked to see a brown or a black-brown.

I also cannot say this would be any easier than using liquid liner as I don't have experience with liquid liner. I think the lines with liquid liner are too harsh for my tastes.  I'll definitely be talking about my experience when I do use these.








Birchbox Extras
Heart Shaped Nail File

Ok, I am not going to use this. I've been spoiled by my crystal files. With my somewhat flimsy nails do not like the feeling of the rough, somewhat cheap files. It is a really cute idea but I would not carry this in my purse as suggested but maybe my mom would be interested in having it.

Green River Ordinance
This was definitely a nice surprise in my Birchbox this month. I love finding new music and new bands. More bands should really be putting themselves out there in subscriptions, whether it be through beauty boxes [very good for any band that would appeal to young women] or maybe a subscription to a physical or digital magazine. They are listed as a rock band on their Wikipedia page but they are a bit more mellow than traditional rock. Birchbox gave their subscribers 7 of their songs:
Dancing Shoes
Endlessly
Healing Touch
Heart Of Me
Learning
On Your Own
Out Of My Hands


---

I also want to note that my Birchbox for March is going to be the Teen Vogue version. I'm assuming that anyone who gets this box will pretty much be getting the same box, with very slight variations. If you sign up for a Birchbox subscription for March and want this box, you should get an e-mail. Even if you don't sign up for Teen Vogue box, there is still a possibility of getting it. My referral code for Birchbox is in the right side bar for anyone interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment