Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3floz.com

What... a brilliant idea. To have an entire website devoted to selling TSA approved beauty products. And by TSA approved, this means that the product has 3 or less fluid ounces and therefore can be taken onto a plane in a carry-on without issue. I imagine this to be incredibly useful to business people who do many quick trips places and don't check in a bag.


Ultimately, it makes you wonder why no one really thought of it before. Unless I simply have been living under a rock and there are other sites that do this.

Of course, there is more to these products than being travel-friendly to me. I love trying new products but I rarely ever want to truly invest money into something that may or may not be good. So being able to try essentially deluxe sample size products at a lower cost is definitely nice. They have also put together some kits of products. Some of these kits a pre-packaged by the companies and some are put together by the people at 3floz.com.

And good news for the guys! There are plenty men's groom products on this site!

Of course, this site is not perfect by far. There are a pretty limited number of items on the site. And some of the items are pricey, even though the items are not particularly large. They seem to carry mostly more expensive brands of beauty products. The company seems to only be about 2 years old and sometimes, it is hard to create bonds with beauty product companies. Especially in such a competitive market. Not only that, if a beauty product company does not make smaller versions of their products, why would they do it for one site?

Either way, it is certainly a nice way of trying new things. Feel free to check out there site yourself here.

Oh, and I should mentioned that I found this site via facebook [if I'm remembering correctly]. I usually glance at the ads every once in a while. And that goes for almost any social media site. You never know what treasures you'll find!

A bit of a disclaimer, I have never actually ordered from this site, nor has anyone given me money or anything else to write this post. My thoughts are my own and based on a view of their website.


---

Edit!

Because I'm such an e-mail junkie, I signed up to get e-mails on their site. What I didn't realize is that you get coupon for $10 off a $25 purchase or more! But let it be known, it expires in 30 days from when you sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment