Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Julep Spring Mystery Box!

Julep Spring Mystery Box
(Top down) Nail file, January, Hayden, Melissa,  Pippa, and Cuticle Oil
Nothing fancy with the pictures for this post readers. I'm feeling all sorts of lazy today when it comes to pictures. Plus, if I don't do all the picture-y stuff right off the bat, I rarely have the energy or time to do it later.

Either way, here is my Julep Spring Mystery Box!... And I'm going to be honest, it is not as good as the first one I got. I guess because I got a pretty awesome first box, it's hard to keep the hopes down from getting an awesome second box. And even more so when they said that some of the boxes were going to have $50 gift certificates in them. I never seem to have luck with getting something like that.

The colors are all very nice. I tried them all out on my nails [along with a lot of other colors I hadn't swatched yet]. Below is a picture and ignore my ring finger, which I believe has Zoya Kristen.
Thumb - Melissa
Index - Pippa
Middle - January
Pinky - Hayden


I'll just give you a brief run-through of the colors and what I thought of them.

Pippa
Every time I read that name or see this color, I think of Pippa Middleton. I simply cannot help it. Either way, it is a nice neutral shade. A classic color but I don't know if I'll wear it much. Looking at this picture makes me feel like it doesn't really flatter my nail. I'd probably have to try it out again before making a final judgment call.

January
If ever there was a fire-engine red. January is that blast of red that makes your nails say "Look at me!" Which is sometimes a statement I want to make with my nails. All depends on my mood, I especially with red. I rarely ever pick out red clothing and probably would have never picked a red polish if it wasn't for Julep.

Hayden
It's a very lovely shade of orange. Good for a pastel feeling spring. Honestly, I would consider this to be far more creamy in color than Parker, which I got in my last Julep Maven box (which you can read about here). Parker has a bit more of a brightness kick to it, while Hayden is a bit more subdued. Either way, I'm ready for the it color of the year!

Melissa
If you just want some shine on your nail, this is it for you. It's not heavy glittery but leaves a nice sheen on the nails that is noticeable but not overtly in your face. However, myself [and probably many others] will use this as a top coat on other colors. If I'm not feeling too creative with my nails, I'll probably just pop this color over top my ring fingers to change it up a little.

---

Nails: Still nothing. Gonna put something on after this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment