Thursday, February 3, 2011

Playlist

After my ramblings last night about music, I realized that I didn't even put my playlist on this blog. Crazy, no? So I'm putting my most played playlist up here.

I made this playlist specifically for the fact that I will only have a maximum of 25 songs on it at any point in time. I hate having to siphon through a million songs just to get the one I want. So, I limit my selection and it's a careful process of who stays and who goes. And if anyone is really curious, it can tell you what's playing in my mental playlist with the last song probably being the last one on my mind.

Of course, I had to leave a few older songs on there, even if I'm not really into listening to it right now [My anthem mentioned in my last post]. Basically, the songs at the back half of the list are really what I'm listening to right now. Those are the ones that are likely to change the most.

Like the song I'm listening to now, "Hate [I Really Don't Like You]" by Plain White T's, was probably added in the past few weeks. While I can't personally relate to the song [you need to have a relationship to start with] it's got that angsty thing going for it. And I generally am not fond of people in general. Guess it's kind of my anthem for my feelings on people in general. But I also like Plain White T's sound.

Which reminds me of their new song "Rhythm of Love" which is just so cute. Can you even describe music like that? I think it's great that they've changed it up a bit, which is generally risky for most bands. Usually the lead singer is the lead singer and everyone is just backup. For anyone not know what I mean, the guy who sings this song is not the lead singer of the band. But he's fantastic and they still have that lovely dreamy quality to their love songs [for lack of a better definition of some of their songs].

myspace records volume 1 cover
While many people first heard their hit "Hey There Delilah" that was not the first song that I heard from this band. I was probably one of the few who actually purchased the Myspace Records Volume 1 CDs back when it was first released. It was a compilation of a variety of myspace artists and the Plain White T's made that list with a track called "Take Me Away." Again, more teen angstiness to relate to [ and again not me in particular] but a good rhythm and it was in the half of the songs on the CD that I actually liked.






So while this started as a post about my playlist, it kind of ended up being half about the Plain White T's... Guess that's why I call it ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment