Saturday, June 4, 2011

Planning sucks

I really do try and keep up with my blogs... But sometimes, I'm just lazy and can't find the will to write.

You know what is difficult? Planning a trip with friends. Especially those who are not motivated enough to plan it and basically make me do it. Well, not make me do it but if I want to go on this trip, I need them to bring down costs. I don't know how kids plan things like spring break trips. Unless, of course, money isn't a problem I guess. Oh, and their parents do it for them.

Right now I'm trying to plan a trip to Disney. I haven't been in almost 15 years. I skipped out on my senior trip to Disney so I could afford to go to Spain. And my family isn't made of money. We really don't vacation at all. I couldn't even tell you when my last true vacation was. And by vacation, I mean when I didn't have to worry about anything except finding food and having fun.

But right now, basically picking a date that will work and finding decently priced flights is a challenge. Why you may be wondering... Because my friends fail at communication and are way too busy planning for other stuff really.

First off, we're communicating through facebook. Now, I'm on f-book quite a bit. I leave it up on my computer even if I'm not there. However, none of my friends realize we need to be constantly communicating for this to work. Booking a flight is tough business people. Especially when the last few seats can disappear like that. Already I lost a flight because people simply aren't fast enough in responding. Maybe it's just the business major in me that requires rapid response [awesome alliteration] but seriously. We have less than a month to plan and go on this trip.

Not only that, but one of my friends kind of decided to bail on the trip. It's exhausting to be told something like this with such short notice.

I think I'm just gonna give up soon. They are adults. And even if they are putting it off just because they don't want to go, well. That's when you need to speak up. Seriously.

Screw it all. I'm going down with my mom in December to see Disney at Christmas.

----

Edit: Trip has been planned! At least the hotel/flight/travel in general part.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks! I've never been so you'll have to show me pictures!

    ReplyDelete