Sunday, May 29, 2011

Job Fairs 2

I know I know. A few days -coughalmostweekcough- late. Anyway... part 2 of the job fair

It was kind of what I expected. There were a bunch of job recruiters, college recruiters and civic organizations there that were trying to get to potential people. The set up was very basic, some tables in the middle of the room and some around the sides. Each group was separated from each other in a way. Or at least grouped together.
All the colors represent the tables... They are rainbow because I want them to be rainbow.

I didn't do everything exactly as I said I would. I started off with circling the room and finding the employers I really wanted to talk to. And then continued walking around, stopping at stations here and there. I wrote down stuff after speaking with people. Every once in a while, would step out of the room and regroup all the stuff I was getting.

And of course, afterwards, I e-mailed everyone I spoke with and thank them for their time.

Of course, there are some things I wish I had changed. Like go to the companies I wasn't as likely to want to work for and talk to them first. That way I would make all my mistakes and they wouldn't really affect me.

Like with the first company I spoke to, one I really wanted to at least get an interview, I completely forgot to get a business card from the woman I spoke to. And unfortunately, I don't have enough information to get her e-mail address. Major bummer because we both went to the same university, which alone can get you a step in with some places.

Of course, it's always good to get more research in. You really can't know enough about a company you want to work for before hand.

There really isn't much else to say. I did kind of explain my method to a woman though. Her daughter just graduated and is looking for a job. But her major was some art thing. It was interesting to say the least and made me wish I wasn't artistically challenged. Then I could have gone to her kind of awesome school and gotten an awesome internship like she did. -sigh-

No comments:

Post a Comment