Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Who doesn't like free stuff? Among other things

I'm kind of a junkie for free stuff. I'm not ashamed to admit [which includes in person]. I'm a mooch. If it's free, why not? Of course, that doesn't mean I get every freebie out there but I've gotten my fair share... Particularly in these last few months where I am looking for full-time work and have loans coming up.

I'm currently subscribed to Couponing to Disney through e-mail and on Facebook. The woman who does this started learning all the money saving tricks to put into her Disney fund each year. And she doesn't seem like those crazy couponing people on the shows, which is nice. I'll rant about those people at another point in time. But there is a nice balance of stuff on her site. I mostly use it for the freebies. It's how I got a free beauty sample box from Target [maybe I'll post about it at some point].  The reason I'm really writing about this is because I want to blog about something specific. I've considered something along the lines of finding free products on the web. Or my exploration of beauty products or something. I noticed on this blog, I'm kind of scattered and whatever with my posts.

I do have another blog which is a little more focused but I haven't really been writing on it that much [Dae Watches Things for those who are curious]. I'm currently working on a post for Once Upon a Time but I need to re-watch it maybe 2 more times before I can finish the post.

Which kind of goes into why I'm going to try NaNoWriMo [National Novel Writing Month]. While I don't know if it will really get me to focus, I'm hoping to accomplish something in the end. So I should probably work on an outline for that.... And I actually considered going to an event for it held not too far from my house... Maybe being social would help...

Special note on the Julep Maven front: Got the shelf pull e-mail. Basically, they give you the selection of the other Maven quiz options [Classic With A Twist, Bombshell, etc.] and a monthly special. This month's special is Polish Lover Option, which is what I chose. All the Quiz options included the cute cosmetic bag and the lipgloss. And again, while the bag is cute, I don't want or need lipgloss. But I'm excited for 3 new nail polish colors! While I already know which colors they are, I'll tell you when I get them.

I also haven't heard back about my inquiry towards using credit towards my monthly Julep Maven subscription.  Most likely the answer will be no [I know that is the case with Birchbox]. Either way, I can get a nail polish out of it or use it towards some of the hand scrub I have come to love.

[/scatterbrain post]

No comments:

Post a Comment