Saturday, February 11, 2012

Julep Maven - February 2012

Julep Maven Box - It Girl - February 2012

Is it sad that I get really excited when I get my notification that my Julep Maven box has been sent? I don't think so. For some mavens this month, it included a new product from Julep.

Julep Top Coat for Hair
I really was not interested in getting this item in my box [it was included in Bombshell, and Classic with a Twist]. I'm still loving my Amika hair treatment [October 2011 Birchbox] and have no need to deviate from it right now. I simply figured I'd share this with anyone who could be interested. 

For Boho Glam and American Beauty mavens, the extra was Essential Cuticle Oil [which I already have two]. This left me with choosing It Girl yet again this month, which is box with only nail polishes. Not that I have any problem with that but my addiction to nail polish is becoming incredibly noticeable...

Anyway, I'll get into the lovely colors I got with It Girl. The overall theme for this month was Oscars! And I love it! And the no polish that all Julep Mavens got was this:

Oscar - Sparkle like a star with this ultra chic, multi-dimensional gold glitter
It's a clear polish with gold glitter in it. The glitter itself is reminiscent of the glitter they sent in my December 2011 box. It's very tiny flecks that is not chunky. Application is very easy and doesn't feel too rough on my nails. It is definitely a layering type of polish. I would think the darker the under color is, the more the gold will pop!

Elizabeth - Midnight blue with a hint of shimmer

This is definitely not a color for every girl. Unless you perfect the art of one coat nail polish application, this midnight blue can certainly come off as a bit more purple-y black. Where I successfully put two coats of polish on my toes, the color definitely does not give the impression of blue. In those spots that don't quite have two coats, there is a bit of a purple hue. This comes off even more if you layer it with Oscar on top. If I ever use this color on my finger nails, it will most likely be for an accent nail. It's a bit too dark for my tastes and I don't really notice the shimmer. However, I know that colors on my toenails don't always look the same on my fingernails. 

Rachel - Warm rich copper shimmer

Definitely the winner in the box for me. I love love love this color! I could not wait to put it on! I was excited just from the pictures, which do it no justice. I'm definitely going to have to get a second wearing in sometime soon. It makes me think of a new, shiny penny.



Bonus! The people are Julep sure do know how to make a girl happy. As a little added bonus in the box, there was some dark chocolate shaped like an Oscar! I love the little bonuses that seem to really tie into the theme for the box. I like that it is a dark chocolate, which in my mind just seems a little bit classier than say, Hersheys [though I love those too].
---

Currently on nails: Zoya's Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment