Friday, April 22, 2011

First post is always the most nerve wracking, even if no one sees it

Some people are afraid of spiders or snakes or water or an assortment of things. And they all have cool names like arachnophobia or hydrophobia. There isn't a fear for graduation but I guess my fear isn't particularly the norm.

And now you're wondering, why would you be afraid of graduation? Isn't that suppose to be a happy and joyous occasion. You get a job and start your life off like a true adult. Yeah, that's more the part I'm afraid of than the actual act of graduating. I have to enter the "real world" [for lack of a better word] and start my "life."

And I don't think the fear is completely irrational but that's not to say it is completely rational either.

There are so many things you need to do when you graduate college. And the steps are easy enough to list [when pertaining to me]:

1. Find a full-time job that I actually like
2. Make enough money get the following necessities
 - car [currently in the process of that]
 - apartment or house
 - food and utilities
3. Once a place for living is acquired, move into said place and furnish it
4. Find a significant other [again, on my to do list]

And while those all are fine and dandy, they are intimidating when you have been going to school for 17 years of your life. They don't have a How To Exist In the Real World 101 class.

And I guess that's kind of what I want this blog to be. It will be a collection of my trials and errors of entering the world beyond that of schooling. From trying to find my first full-time job [already behind on that] to making sure I pay all my bills [including college loans] to the beyond. In a way, it could be a guide for any person reading. I can't be the only one out there with these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment