Saturday, October 1, 2011

Julep Maven and no HP C&C

So, obviously, I never really accomplished my HP goal. I've been crazy busy between all my jobs. And reading just hasn't been on the top of my list... And I may be addicted to Sims on facebook but that's a story for another day.

Today's story is about how I'm kind of a sucker for a good deal. Like seriously, I shouldn't be allowed to shop online.

I just happened to be watching missglamorazzi's latest beauty video [her September favorites if you're really curious] and what do I see to the side? An advertisement for a site called Julep and a new program called Julep Maven. Normally I can ignore these ads but this one caught my eye. Mostly because it said $5 for the first time buy. And it featured the one type of beauty product I'm kind of obsessed with right now: nail polish.

And curiosity got the best of me. So I clicked the link and was taken to the Julep website. Specifically the Julep Maven section. The company is focused on mani/pedi products like nail polish and lotions and scrub. But I didn't really tell you much about what you would be getting. So I decided to take the style quiz.

Basically you go through a bunch of fashion-esque questions and can end up with 5 different results: American Beauty, Classic with a Twist, Boho Glam [which is what I got], "It Girl," and Bombshell. And from there they give you a little description of that particular category. They also link you to your monthly membership type and that's where you actually get an idea of what you'll be getting. This is how Julep described their membership:

 As a Julep Maven, your monthly membership will give you access to the hottest trends in nail color and the latest Mani Care and Pedi Care products- delivered right to your doorstep, just like the Beauty Editors.  Andyou'll have access to these trends and products before anyone else! 
For this month this is what I'll get with Boho Glam:


  • Fall rich and dark chocolate truffle, Olivia *
  • A modern seafoam, Miranda
  • A cult-favorite nail prep product, customized to your own 'nail health' profile
* This color has not been released yet and every month you will get a nail polish color that is going to be released in the future.
** This is a bonus for signing up this month. This may change as the program builds.

As far as I know, these are full size products. BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP READING THIS! Because for Julep, a full size nail polish is actually 0.27 ounces while most other nail polishes are 0.5 ounces. Either way, they get people to pay $14 for their nail polishes per bottle. That's a lot of money for almost half of what you'd normally get for some of the mid-range nail polishes [I'm thinking OPI mostly here]. So just the 2 nail polishes alone would cost about $28 [not even including shipping]. And if you check out the hand scrub that comes with this, it is normally $32. So this entire package is over $60 worth of product [though $40 over the cost is what is guaranteed]. This isn't including the nail prep because I don't know which one it is going to be.

That's kind of crazy good for just $5. And now you're probably wondering "Wait, what about shipping?" And I'm going to reply "Shipping is free for Julep Mavens!" Oh snap! And in case you are wondering, the regular price for Julep Maven subscription is $19.99.

For those who are just skimming this post, here is a nice list of all benefits that you get with being a Julep Maven:



  • You receive over $40 worth of trendsetting polish colors and cutting-edge treatment products each month customized in a gift-able Sneak Peek Box
  • Each Sneak Peek Box features new, never before released colors and treatments FIRST to you, before anyone else
  • Your box also includes hits and cult favorites - the products we like to keep on the top of editors' minds

  • 20% off all julep.com purchases
  • FREE shipping on ALL your purchases
  • Each box also comes with a surprise and delight element- something to look forward to!
  • Receive additional membership perks throughout the year

Also, something I like about this particular program is that you don't have to opt in every single month. Julep will send you an e-mail about what you should be getting in the next month's package and if you go on before the 25th of the month you have several options:

  • Shelf pull is where if you don't like the products they've offered you, you can kind of trade in. They'll send you another e-mail with your options. Again, must be done before the 25th.
  • Send it to someone else! You can send that month's selection to a friend!
  • Skip! You can skip a month, no questions ask [well maybe questions asked in a survey or something who knows]. They want you to not feel obligated or committed to doing this every month. And some month's can be tougher than others. But I don't have to totally cancel my subscription to skip.


By the way, in case you're curious, the code for that I used for this is: First5
I'm pretty sure that this is a code only good for first time mavens. And it is only for the first month.

If you already have signed up for Julep Maven there is another code I can give you.
Another promotional code I've seen on youtube is for $10 off: Get10


Other Codes [I can't verify if these will work or not but these are some other codes I've see on other blogs, not advertisements]:
TWITTER : Half off
smh9oxu : Half off


So if I've convinced you that this sounds like an awesome deal, feel free to use my referral link or go on the website yourself and try it out. I will tell you now, the referral link will get me $15 credit with their referral program. As far as I know, I won't receive any information about you personally, but I won't be offended if you decide to go through the website. Can't blame a girl for trying though. ;D

Referral link!

Ok, I think I'm done with this post. That's a crazy lot... But thanks for reading/skimming it! I'll post more when I get my first Boho Glam sneak peak box!

No comments:

Post a Comment