Sunday, October 16, 2011

Julep Maven Sept [?] 2011

Yay! I got my first Julep box the other day! And I would have tried it all out before and posted about this earlier but that night, I got home around midnight and had to be up early the next morning. Of course, I had to at least open it up the night I got it. And I got everything I mentioned in the last post but just to recap:

Oliva
This is the color I put on my nails first because I didn't know if I would like this color. Brown isn't really a color I think of when I think of nails but I like it enough. I currently have 2 coats on my nails and it comes out to be a really dark brown. Maybe almost black depending upon the light. If you can get one coat on evenly, it comes out to be more of a chocolate-y brown.

Miranda
I have yet to try this particular color but I can compare the appearance in the picture versus real life. This picture seems to be a bit lighter than what I'm actually seeing. And I'd say the actual product has a tinge more green to it than is seen in the picture. Either way, it looks like it is going to be beautiful and I can't wait to try it!

The nail polish itself is really nice. The two coats they recommend really does the trick! Like I said, one even coat would probably look amazing. The one thing I do think should be noted is that this particular nail polish brand is a little more runny than some of the other brands I've tried [Brucci, OPI, China Glaze]. So you want to be careful when applying! I know I dripped some on my hands and pants while I was doing my nails [also note I was sitting cross legged on my bed without any sort of napkin or towel under my hands]. So I'd recommend using this when you have a bit more time and at a table with a towel or paper towel underneath.

Also, with this package I got a few other things.
Julep Facial For Hands
Glycolic Hand Scrub
I've only used this once so far but it seems nice. I don't usually think to use a scrub on my hands but I probably should. During the winter months, my hands tend to get a little dry because my current job has me putting my hands in water a lot. I don't know if it is really gentle enough to use every time you wash your hands, like is recommended, once a day should be good enough for me.

Julep Essential Cutical Oil
Again, another product I haven't had much of a chance to use yet. I just put some on and honestly, it smells amazing. It's got a lemon-y citrus scent that is just awesome. It's not over-powering or anything. I'm hoping this will be as amazing as it seems because I do have somewhat rough cuticles. While it is an oil, it doesn't feel incredibly oily or blah on my nails. I don't know if I like the roller part but that's something minor that I could easily handle using every time.

Just so you know, ALL of the products mentioned so far in this post have been FULL SIZED PRODUCTS. So I got all of this for just $5... And I'm definitely feeling like I just got an awesome deal. To sweeten the pot a little more, they also sent two samples. 1 is of the glycolic hand scrub that I got in a full size. The other is a hand cream. They'll be perfect for putting in my purse to use when I'm out on the go. Considering the normal going prices for which Julep is selling these products, it really is an amazing deal.

For anyone interested in joining, here are some of the codes for Julep Maven:
First5 or FB - For first time subscribers, $5 for your first month [Regular price is $19.99].
TWITTER or GET10 or smh9oxu - You can get $10 off a month.


I also have a link in the side bar on the right where I can get credit if you wish to sign up through me. For each person you refer, you get $15 credit. Feel free to use my code or not. It's labeled Julep Referral Code. <- Or click there if you're too lazy to go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment