Friday, January 27, 2012

Julep Nail of the Day Contest!

As I have said in so many posts, I'm really kind of  obsessed with Julep nail polishes. I follow them on all their social media outlets, including their facebook page... Where they are currently holding a Nail of the Day contest. So I've decided to try it out.

I'm not incredibly good at doing my nails yet. Even just the basics because while my left hand looks pretty good, my right hand usually looks blah. And I've been playing around with different at-home techniques for doing my nails. One technique I've wanted to try was the fade, where you fade one color into another color. So today I got some cosmetic sponges and decided to try it out for the contest.

And this is the result:

Julep Nail of the Day entry
Not an amazing job but I figured that for a first time, it's ok. At a distance, it looks better than all up close like in the picture. Here is what I used  to do this:
- Tweezers
- Cosmetic sponge [some cut up pieces]
- Julep Gloria [which is not available on the Julep site]

Julep Blake
Julep Mandy


Either way, I entered it into the contest. If you'd like to vote for my look, you can click here and it will take you to my entry on the Julep page. You can also view other entries by hitting "View Entries." You can vote once an hour. Any votes would be appreciated.

Speaking of contests, I won a Zoya polish from the FEEL collection during their random selecting of 1000 people to get a free polish. I've only used one Zoya polish before from the holiday Birchbox [Izzy]. The collection has 6 colors and I decided on Kristen.

Zoya Kristen
In reality, this is much bluer than this picture, which makes it come off a solid grey. It's a pretty color recommended to me by The Nail Files

And for those interested, below is Izzy.

Zoya Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment