Sunday, December 11, 2011

Julep Maven - December 2011


Really, this was an amazing box. I'm so happy to have signed up for Julep Maven and so glad to have not skipped this month. Above is a picture of how the box looked when I opened it! Love the cute packaging!

And now for what was inside!

Peacock Julep Nail Appliqué
This is the main reason that I decided to get this month's box. These appliqués just look so awesome! I can't wait to use these... Which is why it will be a while before I do. I want these to last on my nails for a while and with my job, I won't get that. So maybe if I take a few days off, I'll use them. I also still have the Incoco nail appliques from my Birchbox a while back that I haven't used. 

Julep Fast Dry Topcoat
I'll admit, this did originally turn me off a little bit from getting this month's sneak peak. Topcoat feels like such a basic, do-it-yourself nail thing to have. I kind of wish this came in the first box I got [since I've now got 2 topcoats]. I won't personally be using this item. I'm making a little Julep kit for my grandma, so it will have a use!
Julep Pomegranate Body Créme
This stuff smells amazing. I open it up just to smell it sometimes. As an actual product though... I'll just be using it on my rough parts like knees and elbows. Or I'll use it after I shave my legs. It's a tad bit greasy and my skin is already oily on it's own. I may even use it on my hands a little but definitely not my face. 

Also, while the picture indicates two, I think the price they put is only for 1 four ounce jar.

Underneath the "Read More" is the surprise that Julep Maven sent in this month's box. <3


Glitter Pot
GLITTER! I'm actually not a big glitter fan. In fact, it's completely annoying because it can get everywhere if you aren't careful. But I just recently watched a youtube video using glitter on nails that I actually really liked it. Mine didn't turn out as great as her did but I think that may come with practice and the right tools. I couldn't get the glitter to concentrate and fade out like hers did but still love the look. 



As always, if you want to check out Julep Maven, you can go to the Julep website. And on the left side bar, I have a referral link for signing up for Julep Maven. I do get credit for anyone I sign up through that code but don't feel obligated to use it. ^_^ 

Some codes/tips: 
DECEMBER - If you want your first month's box to be $5
MARYROSE - Get $15 off of $30 [Also used this code more than once]
Like Julep Nail Parlour on Facebook - 2 for Tuesday deals and occasionally some Thursday deals are posted there
Living Social Deal - Spend $20 on $42 gift certificate or spend $50 on $102 gift certificate

No comments:

Post a Comment