Monday, April 23, 2012

Birchbox Update!

I'm sure you are wondering why the heck I'm updating so soon after getting my Birchbox about Birchbox yet again. However, I had been informed via Pinterest that there was a possibility that my Befine moisturizer could be expired.

And yes, lotion does expire, especially when it is labeled as an SPF because that means it may not be as effective after said date. Of course, I personally don't care. I didn't really use SPF lotion on my face before. And I don't spend much time in the sun... I am not a vampire! 

Either way, I found out from someone commenting on my pinterest picture about my blog post. Then I went and checked my e-mail and found this:

Dear Birchbox Customer,

It has come to our attention that a small number of the Befine Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 samples included in our April boxes may have passed their expiration dates. Please check the stamp on the outside of your packet of Befine Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. If your sample has expired, we advise you not to use the product, as the SPF is not guaranteed to be effective after the stated expiration date.

If you received an expired sample of the moisturizer, we would like to deposit 100 Birchbox Points in your account. Please complete this survey by April 27 to request the points award; your account will be updated by May 1.


We take pride in sending you high-quality products from great brands, typically their newest and best selling products. This situation is unacceptable and not representative of the Birchbox standard for product quality. We are working with Befine to determine the root cause of the error, and we deeply apologize for this experience.

All the best,
Hayley and Katia
Co-founders of Birchbox

And I guess this is nice but at the same time, they didn't use any of their social media to try and get word out about the problem. Which is kind of disappointing. I feel like if they had posted this letter on their facebook or twitter accounts, word would have gotten around better. And it would have shown that while they are not perfect, they are working to correct wrongs.

Maybe it's just me. I don't really check the e-mail to which my Birchbox account is connected all that often.

That's kind of it. Yeah...

---

Edit


I took the survey the same day I posted this and just got my Birchbox points! That was rather quick and makes up a lot for the way I got the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment