Sunday, April 15, 2012

Julep Maven - April 2012


Sometimes, it astonishes me how fast my Julep Maven box gets to me. The box ships out from Seattle and I live in the Greater Philadelphia area. I usually get it about 2-3 days after I get the confirmation it was sent. It makes me ridiculously happy.

And of course, what I get in my Julep boxes also makes me ridiculously happy. I keep toying with the idea of skipping a month and putting it towards my Disney fund. But they keep putting things in the boxes that I want and so... I keep getting them.

Julep Maven Bombshell April 2012


And once again, I opted out of getting the Boho Glam box this month. In it's place, I got the Bombshell box... And what really lured me into this one is Parker but I'll get into that when I get there.

Julep The Best Pedi Créme Ever!
Exfoliates with alpha hydroxy acids, hydates with shea butter and coconut oil, nourishes
with vitamin E. Apply nightly for noticeable results in just one to two uses.

Yes, that is indeed the name of this creme... A little long for my tastes but it is pretty awesome. I have tried it out a few nights by applying it to my feet and then throwing fluffy moisture-holding socks on for the night. Now, I should note that my feet aren't really bad. They are pretty soft save for around my cuticles. Which amazes me because my job consists of me stand for hours at a time. Either way, my feet feel pretty good the next morning. I think the true test will be when we try this product on my mom's feet. Her feet are tough on the bottom and her toes are a mess most of the year [except after she has a pedicure].


Annette
Subtle, dove grey créme

Super cute neutral color if there ever was one. It comes off as a very light [almost white] grey in the bottle. However, on my finger nails, it is very opaque and a bit of a dirtier look. This was the best picture I could get of the bottle. Either way, definitely would be a good color for an interview of a business office. Lovely but subtle without being completely typical.


Parker
Golden tangerine créme

The true reason I picked this box out of all the others. I have been wanting an orange for months now. Basically since Halloween because I wanted to have the colors to do a candy corn look but didn't have the time/money to go and get all the colors. Now that I have Parker and Blake, all I need is a good white for the look this year. Also, I have been kind of loving super bright, in-your-face colors. And that's what this is. Overall, in the bottle it looks like Crayola's macaroni and cheese crayon.








And with almost every other Julep Maven box, some little extras were thrown in. I got toe separators [which I don't really use but may try out] and chocolate! It's always a fun little surprise. <3

---

Nails:
8 different colored Julep polishes, 2 different colored Zoya polishes
[Yes, I'm too lazy to list them all]

No comments:

Post a Comment