Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Interview 2 - part 2

I didn't get the second interview. And you want to know what, I'm happy about that. And I'll explain why.

The survey I took basically wanted my life's history. They wanted employment records for at least 10 years... This included any kind of schooling I had and there could be no break in the records. I had to go back to elementary school to have a whole 10 years. Kind of crazy.

The survey was mostly questions of how I think of myself. Basically, it was about ambition and if I was suited for the company. This is where I did not succeed and why I didn't proceed to the second interview. I found this out the day after I filled out this survey. And I knew that I probably wouldn't get past this point. I'm not quite so self-determined for their particular business I think. And sales [which is the position I would have been in] is a cut-throat kind of world.

Also, I had to fill out this resume program online [which I started before I found out about the survey]... And it asked a lot of legal questions [basically, have I been involved in certain kinds of illegal activities, directly or indirectly]. And I get that but I honestly found my self re-reading questions, trying to understand them. They also wanted to know my financial history. It was intense.

This whole process definitely made me re-think getting a serious sales position. I kind of figured it may not be for me but decided to give it a shot because... Well, that is mostly what is out there for a marketing degree. So the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment