Saturday, January 7, 2012

Julep Maven - January 2012

Whoot! Got my Julep Maven box today! I was definitely getting kind of worried because I didn't get any tracking confirmation [which they are usually good about sending]. I had e-mailed them on New Year's day [or maybe the day after] and didn't realize that they were off for those two days [at least the digital customer service]. Either way, as long as I got my box is good condition, I don't really mind. Plus, being the holiday season, I'm sure that they are completely swamped.

Went with my standard Boho Glam box this month. Which reminds me that I just wanted to mention a change in the program that I probably didn't mention before. From now on, the It Girl box will be solely nail polishes. So if you maybe don't like some of the mani/pedi products or aren't interested in the ones offer that month, they'll be an awesome all nail polish option to choose! And while I don't agree with the customer referrals change, this is one I can completely stand behind.

January 2011 Boho Glam 

Heather
Chic platinum greige with a metallic glow
This is the preview color I got in this box. It's a bit more shiny in person than it is with my awesome photography skills. -sarcasm- I'm thinking once I've chipped off enough of the Michelle that is currently on my fingernails, I'll try out Heather. In certain lights, it can come off with a bit of a purple hue. But subtle enough to keep it more metallic than shiny purple. 

Julep Pomegranate Body Scrub
Exfoliate and moisturize in one simple step
Seriously, I want this scent as a perfume... Now. Julep's pomegranate products smell amazing! I absolutely love them. Basically, I got this month's box for this scrub alone... Regardless of how well it actually works. I'd just leave the top off to put the scent throughout my room.

Blake
Sunny butter yellow crème
I was super excited for this, mostly because The Nail Files named it as her favorite yellow and I don't own any yellows. However, when I opened it to use, I noticed there was a steak of orange/red inside! D= Thankfully it was minimal and I got most of it out with a cotton swap. I'm surprise it wasn't worse because I roll my nail polishes before I use them [example in the beginning of this Julep video, which is the Julep way of doing your manicure].

After fixing that little boo boo, I put it on and it's gorgeous. While maybe not entirely necessary, I used 2 coats for this. It's a really nice, opaque yellow. I'm certainly going to be ready for summer. However, while looking at it in the artificial light of my room, it is very pale/borderline white. I think it would come off really nicely in natural light though.



Nail Polish Remover Pad
Definitely all sorts of happy about this. I find that I have been going through so much nail polish remover lately.... Mostly because I've been getting so many awesome nail polishes from Julep! So I was definitely happy to see this product. I've never used a Julep nail polish remover or any remover pads like this one. I'm curious to see if it will really work as well as they say it will. They currently are not for sale on the website but if you're interested in a product like this, definitely be on the lookout!

Demi
A very popular Julep color that does not appear to be on the website right now. If I try and look up Demi, it is currently listed as unavailable/out of stock. This was a bonus item in my box [a free upgrade according to Julep] that I chose. There had been 3 options and I picked this one. This picture does not show it like it is at all. It's a much more deeper red than this. On my nails, it almost looks like blood red with a tinge of pink in it. Very nice shady for winter. ^_^


---

Question!

Do you like my version of the pictures or do you think it would be better for me to just stick to Julep's when available? All of these are taken with my camera phone. I could try some shots with my digital camera but I can't really promise they would be better.

---

Currently on nails:
Incoco Nail Applique in Showstopper* [on ring fingers]
Julep's Michelle

Close up of the Incoco Nail Applique


My hands look so ooooold!


No comments:

Post a Comment