Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Reading...

So, my friend, Tsukikomew, is doing this reading challenge thing... Which, while I am not inspired to do the actual challenge [I have no interest in most of this month's books], kind of reminds me of how much I haven't been reading...

And I don't mean fanfiction. I've been reading that for a long time without slowing down up until this point [I just can't find anything to keep my attention]. But I haven't read a book all the way through in a loooong time... And it was probably a Harry Potter book... Which makes me able to say I haven't even read a new book in forever!

Although I do have quite a few books I've bought and haven't read [list of these books and links below], I'm considering going back to Harry Potter... And maybe working on a project I started long ago called "Comments and Commentary" where I just kind of wrote random things as I went through the books. I was going through the Harry Potter books and work my way through others. Well, it's hard to write and read at the same time.

But I kind of want to revive the project. And maybe if I give myself a timeline, I'll do a little better. And maybe after going through the series, I can work on all the books I own but haven't read before!  Since I've read the HP series through several times, I should be able to go through quite a bit of it pretty quickly. And it will be interesting when I get to books I haven't read because it will be the real fresh thoughts that I'll be putting down.

So I'm going to give myself 20 days [September 1st-20th] to get through Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone. Normally it wouldn't take me so long to read a book but if I'm reading and writing at the same time, it will be a little more challenging. Also, I have work and other things that will take me away. Anyway, depending on how that goes will determine how long I'll think it will take to get through Chamber of Secrets.


Books and Links [Amazon listing]
The Angel's Command [Brian Jacques] - Just note that this is actually the sequel to Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. Another note is that the author is the same author who wrote the Redwall series
The Crystal Cave [Mary Stewart]
The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass [Philip Pullman] - The second and third books in His Dark Materials series [in which I can't find my copy of The Golden Compass]
The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum [Robert Ludlum] - Again, the second and third books in the Bourne series [and there are more Bourne books but they are written by a different author]
The Hunger Games [Suzanne Collins] - While I don't own this book, I do have it on my wishlist. And if I don't get it relatively soon, I'll buy it myself before they ruin the cool cover with imagines from the movie.

And there are more books I have that I haven't read but I think this list will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment